Know before you go to the Bath
• There are some strict hamam rules to be followed. For example, there is no mixing of the sexes. Either the Turkish bath has 2 sections (1 for each sex), or it admits men and women at different times of the day
• Men usually completely strip and wear nothing underneath the bath wrap. Women, on the other hand, typically keep their underwear on (but often not their bra) underneath the bath wrap. The choice is yours
• Tarihi Karatas Hosgor Hamami is open everyday from 7 am to 11pm.
• Standard soap is used. If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to some products, bring your own soap
• The price includes towels, slippers, a locker with key, soap and shampoo.
• Advance booking is always advisable
• The tip is normally 10-20 per cent of the total amount
About this activity
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Once your online booking has been confirmed an order confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified. This will contain a link to allow you to download your e-tickets.
Your ticket(s) is/are valid only for the number of person(s), the date and the entry time slot stated on its/their face(s).
Easy cancellation. Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Pregnant women are not advised to participate in this hamam experience
A visit to a hammam (Turkish bath), a centuries-old custom offering the ideal way for locals to gather for gossip and freshen-up, is also the perfect way to prepare your skin for receiving the best tan you’ve ever had!
When you step inside the hammam, first put on your swimsuit and then head out to the main steam-filled room.
Once the steam has softened your skin and opened your pores, lay on the warm marble Gobek Tasi or ‘belly stone’, for an invigorating soap massage and exfoliating body scrub.
At the end of the session, you’ll feel refreshed, wide-awake and ready to face the rest of your holiday with squeaky-clean, glowing skin!
About Tarihi Karataş Hoşgör Hamamı
Izmir’s Charming Heritage: Historical Karataş Hoşgör Hamamı
Historical Karatas Hosgor Turkish Bath, which has been standing for 200+ years since the 18th century, has traditional Turkish and Ottoman bath architectural features.
Karatas Hosgor Bath located in the suburb of Karataş in Konak district of İzmir has very reasonable prices.
Address: Karatas Mevki Mithat Pasa Cad. 360. Sok. No:10 Konak Merkez, Konak, Izmir, Turkey