Know before you go to the Bath
• There are some strict hamam rules to be followed. For example, there is no mixing of the sexes. Either the Turkish bath has 2 sections (1 for each sex), or it admits men and women at different times of the day
• Men usually completely strip and wear nothing underneath the bath wrap. Women, on the other hand, typically keep their underwear on (but often not their bra) underneath the bath wrap. The choice is yours
• Tarihi Karacabey Hamamı is open every day 24 hours and welcoming ladies and gentlemen in separate hours.
Women-only hours 7:00 am – 9:00 pm – Last reservation 8:00 pm.
The hammam provides 24-hour service for men.
• The masseur and scrubber will be the same sex as you are
• Standard soap is used. If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to some products, bring your own soap
• The price includes towels, slippers, a locker with key, soap, and shampoo.
• Advance booking is always advisable
• The tip is normally 10-20 per cent of the total amount
About this activity
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Once your online booking has been confirmed an order confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified. This will contain a link to allow you to download your e-tickets.
Your ticket(s) is/are valid only for the number of person(s), the date and the entry time slot stated on its/their face(s).
Easy cancellation. Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Pregnant women are not advised to participate in this hamam experience
The Turkish bath is a long-revered custom, centuries old; perfect for those looking for a truly physical and spiritual cleansing experience.
The Tarihi Karacabey Turkish Bath is one of the oldest historical monuments of Ankara.
Prepare to leave the chaos and humdrum of life behind as soon as you enter the Turkish bath. Immerse yourself and embrace traditional custom by wearing the waistcloth and clogs provided.
Not quite for the faint hearted, inside the temperature can reach up to 50 degrees celsius under the central dome of the building.
The combined intense heat and humidity encourage the pores to open and impurities to be extracted from the body.
Following this, your skin will be gently exfoliated with a Turkish scrub and you will receive a soothing soap massage.
Finally, after resting, you can enjoy Turkish tea before being taken back to your hotel feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed.
About Tarihi Karacabey Hamamı
The Historical Karacabey Turkish Bath is part of the Karacabey Kulliye (Means religious complex). The construction of the Karacabey Turkish Bath began in 1427 and was completed in 1440, after 13 years of construction. The hammam is one of the oldest historical monuments of Ankara.
The Historical Karacabey Hammam is situated on an enclosed area of approximately two thousand square meters. The marbles used in the floor of the bath were brought from Elazığ, Sivrihisar, and Afyon. Onyx marbles were used in places. The wooden parts are completely processed like lace with great devotion. The Historical Karacabey Turkish Bath, which consists of two parts that can be used separately by women and men, has a capacity of 94 people. Dozens of tunnels under the bath provide hot air circulation and solid fuel is used for heating. The domes of the Historical Karacabey Hamam are the masterpieces of art. The domes decorated with niches do not even require the use of electricity during the day.
Address:Sakarya Mahallesi, Talatpaşa Blv No:101, 06230 Altındağ, Ankara