Know before you go to the Bath
• There are some strict hamam rules to be followed.
• The Old Turkish Bath Boutique Hamam (Tarihi Fethiye Hamami) is a communal, mixed (unisex) hamam.
Before you entered the Bath, staff would check with you if you feel uncomfortable due to the mixed.
• Men usually completely strip and wear nothing underneath the bath wrap. Women, on the other hand, typically keep their underwear on (but often not their bra) underneath the bath wrap. The choice is yours
• The Old Turkish Bath Boutique Hamam is open every day from 08 am to 11:00 pm.
• The Old Turkish Bath Boutique Hamam provides kese, soap, shampoo, pestemal, towel, and slippers to their guests, but they can also bring personal belongings. Ladies can bring their bikinis if they like.
• The masseur and scrubber will be the same sex as you are
• Standard soap is used. If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to some products, bring your own soap
• Advance booking is always advisable
• The tip is normally 10-20 percent of the total amount
The Turkish bath is a long-revered custom, centuries-old; perfect for those looking for a truly physical and spiritual cleansing experience.
Visit The Old Turkish Bath Boutique Hamam ( Tarihi Fethiye Hamami ) to get an authentic experience in a historic building; clean, authentic and professional. Add The Old Turkish Bath Boutique Hamam to your Fethiye travel itinerary and gorgeous start to a holiday in a building that has been in use for 400+ years.
20 minutes of steaming to open your pores, a really thorough exfoliating rub over (don’t go with sunburn) with a loofa mitt, olive oil soap bubbles, and massage, rinse off and hair wash.
The Hamam ritual usually takes about 60 minutes.
Prepare to leave the chaos and humdrum of life behind as soon as you enter the Turkish bath. Immerse yourself and embrace traditional custom by wearing the waistcloth and clogs provided.
Not quite for the faint-hearted, inside the temperature can reach up to 50 degrees celsius under the central dome of the building.
The combined intense heat and humidity encourage the pores to open and impurities to be extracted from the body.
Following this, your skin will be gently exfoliated with a Turkish scrub and you will receive a soothing soap massage.
At the end of the session, you’ll feel refreshed, wide-awake and ready to face the rest of your holiday with squeaky-clean, glowing skin!
About The Old Turkish Bath Boutique Hamam
Fethiye’s Old Turkish Bath Hamam ( Tarihi Fethiye Hamami ) is located in the Old Town (Paspatur). It was built, together with the Old Mosque nearby, in the 16th century by Yavuz Sultan Selim.
Address: Hamam Sokak No: 4 Paspatur, Fethiye Harbour, Fethiye, Turkey